|Code of Ethics|
In order to develop and maintain confidence in the management consulting profession, all members of CPN agree to adhere to the following code of ethics:
- We will serve our clients with integrity, competence, and a commitment to truth. In such service, we will maintain a professional attitude and professional behavior toward clients, other professionals, and the general public.
- We will not use confidential information for personal gain, and we will not divulge confidential client information without the client's permission.
- We will respect the intellectual property rights of other consulting professionals.
- We will not engage in improprieties.
- We will avoid marketing, advertising, or promotional activities that are misleading, unprofessional, or damaging to our profession.
- We will divulge to our clients any potential for conflict of interest.
- We will provide services only within the scope of our professional competence and on the basis of demonstrated need.
- We will agree in advance on the objectives of our engagement and on the basis for our fees and expenses; we will charge only such fees and expenses as are reasonable, legitimate, and commensurate with services delivered and responsibilities accepted.
- We will disclose in advance any fees or commissions we will receive for equipment, supplies, or services that we recommend to clients.
- We will immediately acknowledge to our clients any influences on our objectivity and will withdraw from a consulting engagement when our objectivity or integrity may be impaired.
- We will maintain and contribute to the standards of professional practice and will encourage others to understand the purposes and standards of professional practice.
We will exercise reasonable business judgment in the application of these professional standards and will not compromise our commitment to these standards for the sake of fulfilling client requests.